Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Children's Rooms

Kelly's Korner is having "show us where you live Fridays" and today we are looking at children's rooms. I love my kids' rooms. We have not lived here for a really long time so they are not completely finished but I am going to show them to you anyway. 
The first room is John Adams'. He is 8 and loves, loves, loves Alabama football- sorry Kelly. This is looking into his room from the hallway.

This is one of two windows. They are on the same wall. I had the bedding and the curtains made by a store here in town. They are great and easy to work with. I hope all this will last for a while.

Can you tell he is a fan?
This football hangs between the windows. It was just perfect for his room. The dresser below is on the wall going out of his room. I am going to have to get something bigger soon. His clothes are getting too big to fit in here.
This is Riley's room. She is 6. She loves pink and I love it with brown. In decorating, my goal is always to do something that will last for several years. This is looking into her room from the hallway.

This is her bedding. I love it. If she starts to dislike it, I think I will put it on my bed. i am sure my husband will have no objections to that idea. it was made at the same place as John Adams'. Although, I did get the toile online but, I don't remember where. I think I just googled pink and brown toile.
I found this lamp and shade at Target. Don't you just love Target? I liked it so much I got one for my other daughter's room as well.
This is the desk Riley got for her birthday. She had been asking for a desk for months. my parents gave it to her. The chair came from an antique store her in town. it still needs to be recovered but I haven't found the right fabric yet.
I found this armoire at the same antique store. It was already painted this color. This is where most of Riley's clothes live. It was the perfect size for the space between her windows.

This is Ellie's Room. She is 3 and her favorite color is purple. Can't you tell? I had already found the perfect fabric for her room and it was not purple so most of her toys are purple. This is the view from her bathroom.
The headboard came from Pottery Barn but the rest is from the same store as the others.  
This little table came from Target. The girls play here for hours. The picture is a painting we got on our honeymoon to Jamaica. We are celebrating our 12th anniversary this Sunday. I never thought then that it would one day sit in my little girl's room but I think it works.
This mirror came this way and I loved it for her room. The dresser came from The Bombay Company. It was brown and lived in our guest bedroom before we had children. It has 4 deep drawers and sits on the wall going into the bathroom.
After 4 miscarriages, I feel abundantly blessed by the Lord to have 3 children's rooms to show you. To Him be all glory and praise.I hope you have enjoyed a look into my home. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. I love these rooms!! They are so cute and you did a great job decorating them!! What a good mom you are and a sweet post!! Our God is so good, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these rooms! Thanks for sharing :) Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very pretty! You did a great job!!! :) I love the football magnetic board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVES these rooms! I like the girl rooms especially they look so calm and pretty and gorgeous and heavenly! I would LOVE a room like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all! Which antique store? I need a good piece for Anna Clare's room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have the cleanest kids rooms i have ever seen! I love it!!!!!!! Come on over to our blog to see my little ones room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These rooms are so well done- I think you did a great job balancing the decor with their ages and yet putting things in there that will last!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 amazingly beautiful bedrooms. I'm sorry about the other 4 bedrooms you did not get to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those rooms look like they could be in a catalog! So cute :)

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete