Monday, July 25, 2011

Time with My Girls


Several months ago, I was talking to my girls about what they wanted to do for their birthdays. If your children are anything like mine, they start thinking about birthday parties way before their birthday. I asked them if they might want to go to the American Girl store in Atlanta, which is the closest store to our city, instead of having a big party. Riley's and Ellie's birthdays are 3 weeks apart so it would be perfect. Well, they decided to go to Atlanta. So, this past weekend, my girls and I, along with my sister, Michelle, and her daughter, Ivy, loaded up for a road trip.

The store has a restaurant inside so we made reservations for lunch. The day before, we went shopping at the store because the girls had to have matching outfits for them and their dolls.
May I just put in a plug for the Marriott at North Point. They have a whole American Girl package that we happened upon but what so great. They decorated the girls' room in pink, gave them doll beds, cookies and milk for them and their dolls, tiaras, cupcakes for their birthday, and breakfast was included. They also had a separate check-in for their dolls. (Side note: they also have a Good Knight package for boys). It was wonderful!

The American Girl Bistro does such a great job of catering to the girls and their dolls. They have highchairs for the dolls and even a place for them to 'hang-out' in the restroom. They also give them a little cup and saucer should your daughter want to feed some lunch to their doll.

This weekend could not have been what it was without my precious niece, Ivy, who loved her dolls dearly when she was a little younger. Or without my sister, who took time away from the rest of her family to spend the weekend with us.
The last thing we did before traveling back was get the dolls' hair done and ears pierced. That was a gift from their cousin.
You know, I realized this weekend that my girls are at an age that is so sweet and innocent. Riley will be 9 this week and this may be the last year that she loves her baby dolls and would enjoy doing something like this. I am so glad we took the time to take them and make some very special memories with just the girls.

1 comment:

  1. Totally Priceless!! We had so much fun this weekend Mel and we made memories we will never forget. Thank you so much for including us! We love those precious,sweet girls...and you too!!

    ReplyDelete