Tuesday, August 30, 2011

God Working Through Women

Last night, I attended a dinner for the women of our church. It was such a great event that I wanted to share it with you. The main topic was about mentoring. Women mentoring women to be specific. What a wonderful idea! How wonderful to have another godly women to go to for prayer support, advice, wisdom, etc. When I first heard about this, I thought,"I don't need that. I have my Mom to go to for advice." Well, obviously, not everyone has that luxury nor does everyone have that kind of relationship with their mom. So, is it for me? Of course it is. Can anyone have too many godly people in their life? Does one person have all of life's experiences that they have all the answers. Obviously, the answer is no. I am so excited to get involved in this. I have come to the point where I realize I want to glean as much wisdom as I can from the older generations. Titus 2:4-5 says, "Older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God." There will be things that I will learn from my mentor that I could never learn from anyone else. I believe that God allows us to go through things in our lives, great and not so great, not only to draw us closer to Him, but also to share them with others. To help someone else through the same experience. This can mean anything from helping me be a better mother to 4 children or helping me through the challenges of being a minister's wife. We may meet together to discuss a book over coffee or take a walk and pray together. Lots of things and I am looking so forward to it. Not only to the wisdom and knowledge I will gain from this relationship but also getting to know another lady in our church that I may not already know. The idea is to, hopefully, meet with your mentor twice a month.
Another thing we are starting is prayers in the homes. This is not just any praying. The ladies of the church, from moms of babies to moms of adult children, will go to different homes, based on the age of their children, to pray specifically for their children. We will meet once a month for an hour for one year. I am really excited about this as well. Our children are bombarded by so many things and influences that we need to constantly be praying for them. I know this will be such a blessing to all of us. Just to be praying with other moms whose children are dealing with same things mine are. Wow! It is going to be awesome.
So, I am so excited!!! God has some great things in store. I don't want to sit back and watch others reap the blessings. I want to be right in the middle of His work and I know He is working. Praise Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment