Monday, September 19, 2011

My Mentor

Last week, all the ladies of our church, who wanted to be involved in the mentorship, met together for about an hour. We went over again what a mentor relationship might look like and that this was a commitment. We each filled out an information sheet about ourselves, our families, hobbies, and what we wanted to get out of the mentor relationship. Their was a small group of women who put the mentors together, we are actually calling them Big Sister/Little Sister. There was also a small group that prayed over each name and for God to put just the right people together.
I will admit that I was a little nervous about who I might get as my mentor. I did not know every person in the room last week. I knew some very well, some casually, but some I did not know at all. It would really be ok if I got someone I didn't know, but I think we all feel more comfortable talking/spending time with someone we at least know a little bit. I have been praying God would just put me with exactly who He wanted me to be with.
I am happy to say He did just that. My mentor is Kim(hopefully, I will have pictures soon). She is such a sweet, godly person. I do know her and I have always looked up to her. God is so good!!! They have asked us to try to talk every week and get together at least twice a month. We are going to try to get together this week for lunch.
I have no doubt that God is at work. Not only in my life, but in the lives of the women of our church. I believe He is at work in our whole church and our community. I can't wait to see what He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment