Wednesday, January 18, 2012

God Working in the Details


As you can imagine, I have had a lot of people asking questions about Michelle and Kelly and how things are going. A lady at church was asking me one such question this past Sunday. While I was telling her about them, she asked how Michelle and Kelly had come about wanting to adopt a baby from China. I was telling her it all started about 5 years ago when someone else in our church adopted a baby. I told her all about it, beginning to end. In the midst of this conversation, God reminded me of His goodness and faithfulness.
I can remember the many conversations my sister and I have had over the years. She and I both wanted more children about the same time. Both of our husbands were not so keen on the idea. We would talk about that and would each say we would pray for God to either bring Charles and Kelly to the same decision or to take that desire away from us. I can remember when Michelle called me to tell me Kelly had called her that morning and said he wanted to start the adoption process. I remember rejoicing that God had answered that prayer just the way we had hoped He would. I also remember when she called to tell me she had told our parents about their decision and they were telling people to pray for them through this process. The following weekend, I found out I was pregnant with Charlie. We had no idea how old Mary Alan would be or when they would get her. We had no idea how long this whole process would take. But God, in His divine wisdom, had perfect timing. Mary Alan and Charlie are 5 months apart, almost to the day.
 My prayer for both of them is that they would always be close.  That they would each come to know Jesus as their Savior at an early age and they will encourage each other in that relationship. I pray they will have a love for each other similar to the love I have for my sister.
 I am excited to see what God has planned for these little ones. And I pray, that as their parents, Michelle and Kelly and Charles and I can support whatever that plan is and help them grow more in love with Jesus each day.

3 Days To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment