Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tables and Teeth

Monday night, we had Tables of Love at our church. It was such a fun night. Each table was decorated around a bible verse that was selected by the lady/ladies who decorated it. Every table was different and unique and beautifully decorated. Heather Messick was our speaker, she also sang. She has an amazing testimony and such a heart for the Lord. I think we were all in tears by the end of the night but rejoicing at what God had shown each of us. These are a few of the pictures from the night. By the way, you can read her blog by clicking on The Messicks under Blogs I Read.

Amanda and Emily
 Amanda and I decorated our table, which I did not get a picture of.

The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.
Proverbs 27:9

I rejoice in your word like one who discovers a great treasure.
Psalm 119:162

Walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us
as a fragrant offering and sacrifce. Ephesians 5:2

The farmer sows the Word.
Mark 4:14

Your Word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
Psalm 119:105

Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns,
 and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
Matthew 6:26


 The LORD then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.”
 And Noah did all that the LORD commanded him.
Genesis 7:1-5

For you will light my lamp; The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
Psalm 18:28

Clearly you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This "letter" is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.
2 Corinthians 3:3
 Last night was also very exciting. Ellie lost another tooth, but she pulled this one herself. I don't remember ever doing that. This poor tooth went from not being loose at all 2 days ago to hanging on by a thread last night. There is no telling what all Ellie had been doing to it throughout the day. 

 She went into our bathroom and wanted to be all by herself. There was no screaming or crying. There wasn't any blood either so it was definitely ready to come out.

 OK. I don't know that you can actually tell which tooth just came out. She has lost 6 teeth in 2 months. She probably will not like me one day for posting this picture.

 Such a little tooth!

Now for the prize after the tooth pulling


It has been a pretty eventful week thus far at the Uptain household.  I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for the rest of the week. Hope you are having a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment