Thursday, April 16, 2009

My How They Grow


I was cleaning up outside today and came upon Charles' and Jay's shoes. I had not realized how big Jay's feet had gotten. Wow!! Of course, as a Mom, I started getting a little sad. Where has the time gone? Where have I been? Am I being the best Mom I can be to these sweet children who are growing far too quickly? It felt as though God was reminding me that they were not going to be little forever. 
I can get in those moods when I am wondering when they will ever grow up and be able to do things for themselves like pick up their things or do their own laundry. But, today, I needed to be reminded that all of those things will come, sooner than I think. For now, I need to ENJOY where we are. Thank you, God, for the reminder! 

4 comments:

  1. Melody,
    Love your blog! So glad I can comment now! Precious, Precious children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious picture. That would be adorable framed! Blessed are the feet that bring Good News!!!!! Thanks for the reminder. I needed that exactly at this very moment as I was taking a break from cleaning and picking up toys!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend and reminding me of the role God has given me. Precious picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic! So nice to see you have a blog. It is really lots of fun. I saved a pair of my oldest son's shoes from when he was about 4 years old. They have become one of my prized possessions. He is 34 now...where did time go?
    Thanks for your sweet comments on Gatherings

    ReplyDelete