Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Riley!!!

Riley turned 7 years old today. I can't believe it. The time has flown by. I know that sounds cliche but it really has. She woke us up at 6:30 this morning (we don't have many more days to sleep in and I am trying to enjoy everyone of them). We sang to her and all piled in our bed to snuggle for just a few more minutes. I don't know if I have ever told her about the day she was born but I think I usually do on the her birthday. Today was no different. She crawled up in my lap and I told her all about it. 
I told her about not knowing whether or not she was a boy or a girl and how excited I was when she was born and she was a girl. I had thought all along we were having another boy but very thrilled to have a girl. I reminded her of where we got her name, Riley Cecelia, and how special it made her. She is such a sweet little girl. She is becoming very independent and very responsible. She is a Daddy's girl but loves being with me, too. 
She came 16 months after John Adams. At the time, I had no idea how I was going to take care of 2 'babies'. I was totally overwhelmed. The first year is a blur but we got through, quite well, I might add. The thing is,I can't imagine life without Riley. God has a way of reminding us that He can do it when we can't and He knows what is best for us. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Father for this most precious gift You have given us in Riley.  

No comments:

Post a Comment