Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Birthdays


Did I mention that while I wasn't blogging, my oldest child, John Adams turned 10. Ten!!! Just for the record, I am not old enough to have a 10 year old. Ok, maybe I am but I certainly don't feel that old. I am forever 25. You know, if we get to pick, that is the age I choose to be. It was a good year. John Adams was born right before I turned 25. And I found out I was pregnant with Riley. Good year!
Anyway, J turned 10 and he is about to start 5th grade. He had 4 boys spend the night and we went bowling. Which I am horrible at, but really have fun doing. It was a lot of fun. (Can I just mention that 10 year olds can't have their picture taken without having some goofy face. Don't get it.) Well, we decided a long time ago that 10 is the last birthday party year. Please don't think we won't celebrate our children's birthdays after age 10. We absolutely will. Birthdays are a very big deal in our family. We just won't have lots of friends over. One or 2 friends will be plenty. I guess the important thing is to make sure my children feel special on their special day. They will never turn 10 or whatever age again. God has given them to us for another year and I think it is important to celebrate! Even if it is to just fixing a special meal and cake.
Hope you all have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment